Friday, March 28, 2008





Ultrathin, Rubbery Circuits Bring Us One Step Closer to Google Brain Implants

A new kind of computer circuit printed on ultrathin rubber would make the perfect "brain wrapper," says its inventor. Usually computer circuits are etched on rigid, plastic boards, but University of Illinois researcher John Rogers has successfully placed circuits on a rubbery material that can bend and stretch. Many groups have been working on developing this technology, but Rogers is the first to demonstrate that his bendy circuits actually work.


"Brain wrapper": so many techno-dystopian memes from so few syllables.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, you're just a linkfarm now, are you?

boring.

the old McT. had, gasp, OPINIONS.

too much coffee, me old son?

Anonymous said...

I can see a dystopian sci-fi character declaiming, "I just had a brain wrap, and boy, do I feel robotic!"

Anonymous said...

I can see a dystopian sci-fi character declaiming, "I just had a brain wrap, and boy, do I feel robotic!"

What the hell, I've already had heart surgery, I'll give it a shot!

Post-dad2059 here I come!