Friday, March 14, 2008





Japan marvels at its Moon movies

The very latest footage was unveiled at the Lunar and Planetary Science Conference in Houston, Texas.

It includes amazing pictures of "Earth rise" over the lunar horizon and of the "terminator", the boundary between the Moon's day side and night side.

"It is quite a spectacular view," said Dr Rie Honda, from Japan's Kochi University, a collaborator on the Selene mission.


Take a few moments to soak up the jaw-dropping, vertiginous beauty of Earth rising above the lunar surface. All that's missing is a Vangelis soundtrack.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mac,

Not sure if you're a game player or not but I've been working on a game called "Wormhole" for the past year. You're a space nut (as am I) so I thought it might interest you. Give me a buzz and I'll send you a free copy on release :) http://www.worldworksgames.com/wormhole.html

Mac said...

"Stellar combat without limits"? Who could turn down such an offer?

You can find my contact info here:

http://www.mactonnies.com/contact.html

Anonymous said...

What's to marvel at? Just one mass of rock rising over another mass of rock...Standard solar system issue!

Anonymous said...

My daughter asked for me:

How can there be an "Earth Rise" (as seen at the japonese film), if the moon shows to us allways the same face?

I couldn't explain to her, but searching at the WEB, I found out the right answer:

It happens because the japonese probe is moving, getting near the Earth sight focus.

So, I keep on thinking...
Then, the "jap" probe was on the hiddem side of the moon...!
Did they photographed the alien ruins that some people say it's there?
Or are the japonese following the "Brooks politcs", too?
The NASA, ESA, and now... the Rising Sun?!??