Friday, March 07, 2008

I'm puzzling over what, exactly, prompted me to post the preceding cat cartoon. Not that it was unfunny or that I don't like cats; it just wasn't usual PB fare -- insofar as anything that winds up here conforms to a theme.

Anyway, I just noticed Greg Bishop's latest post (about the enigmatic UFO "aviary") and thought I'd pass it along. Aside from offering a valuable "who's who" among ufological spookdom, it fits.

And now, since I'm exhausted, I'm going to bed -- perchance to dream of animated felines and anonymous saucer-spies.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Regardless of why you posted the cartoon, it *is* awfully cute. And everyone needs a little cute once in a while.

Frankly, I think your blog has been kicking all kinds of ass lately. :o)

Anonymous said...

I believe the readers of PB have come to expect the unexpected, or at least they should have if they are regulars. Animated cats and saucer spies seem to me to integrate very well, or maybe it's just me!

When I was a kid, we always expected a cartoon to precede the main feature. Besides, a sense of humor is required just to survive the madness.

Michael

e said...

We can get all esoteric and talk about the struggle to break through doors (of perception)?
Ok, I tried...

e said...

...and that when the gatekeeper lets you in to plunder the palace of consciousness (at last!) you conveniently forget why you wanted to gain entry and promptly go back to the affairs of the day, such as "what's for supper?"

Mac said...

Katie--

Why, thanks! :-)

Michael--

I like the idea if prefacing the "real" content with a fun cartoon. It's a nice carryover from the film era.

Elan--

A trenchant analysis, sir!

Anonymous said...

"I'm puzzling over what, exactly, prompted me to post the preceding cat cartoon."

Why, because you need a cat to catch the birds in the aviary.