Saturday, March 08, 2008

Worth a look:

March Military Campaign - now that's what I call ground clearance

Okay, I'm done. I've reached the apex of pure awesomeness. Nothing I ever post from here on out will match the German NK-101 Minenraumer rolling mine exploder (which the guys cataloging the odd vehicles of the Third Reich must have missed).

Unfortunately, little seems known about it. It currently resides in the Kubinka, Russia tank museum, and the Russians captured it from the Germans after World War II.

(Via Boing Boing.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robocop...

Anonymous said...

I hate myself for thinking stuff like this is cool but it is. Must be still a lot of kid left in me.(Oh, wow! A mine-sweeper for land mines.)

By the way, the Mineraumer (German nouns are capitalized) does not exactly have wheels as described on the website; based on the pictures it actually has heavy treads, which are moved by two large gearing-type wheels. (I do wish people who write about them would learn to examine pictures carefully. There is much to be learned by doing so -- for example, the Mars rover pix. But I won't go there.)