Tuesday, April 19, 2005





The Fundamentalist "End Times" meme knows no bounds. There's a new science fiction book out called "Judgment Day." It's all about -- you guessed it -- Armageddon (or its genre equivalent). The book's cover is so obnoxiously unsubtle that you can easily trace it to the "Left Behind" series (as well as the "Star Wars" movies, from which it takes its major cues).

Recently the "Left Behind" authors took a televised End Times drama to task for being inaccurate and "weird." They're sure to find "Judgment Day" vastly more so, if for no other reason than it postpones the Rapture to an era when human civilization has colonized the galaxy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we should have a caption contest for the picture. I don't have a contribution as of yet, except to note that "Kelli" is temptingly suggestive of "Terri."
--WMB

TheUltimateCyn said...

ok - this may be crass, but... well, my mind hates me.
I think we should draw, photoshop, alter the pic to have a glory hole with a super sweet looking 'tool' sticking out of it right about where the hand is reaching out... and then we should paste my bloghead pal Kelli's headshot over the poor victim being taken to "glory". heeheeheee
I am so evil sometimes.

Anonymous said...

LOL! (Evil is good.) OK, Here's my entry:

Angel: Well, here we are, Kelli -- Heaven! You get to sit in church 24/7, sing hymns the whole time and listen to Jerry Falwell preach. Oh, and no sex -- ever. For eternity.

Kelli: Um, can I, like, have a raincheck on this Rapture thing?