Monday, April 18, 2005

This year's ConQuest science fiction convention, at which I'm a featured guest, is Memorial Day weekend. I'll be speaking on panels, hawking books and possibly reading an excerpt or two from whatever I happen to scavenge from my hard-drive. I've made hotel reservations at the Kansas City Airport Hilton so I can relax on-site. My room has two double beds, one of which I won't be needing. If anyone reading plans to be in the area and is up to a day or two of consummate nerdishness, let me know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If anyone reading plans to be in the area and is up to a day or two of consummate nerdishness"

And wants to fuck me?

Aw heck, I didn't mean it nasty, Mac... Thank you for being there. I wonder about how it is to live in Kansas City, what the air smells like, where I would go and what I would do... Anyway, why are you so worried about being in love? Enjoy your solitude and the freedom of being responsible for only your own life. Remember: "l'enfer, c'est les autres". This guy wasn't dim...

Mac said...

"And wants to fuck me?"

Have you *seen* the people who come to SF conventions? Believe me -- sex was the *last* thing on my mind. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, if I'd been in the area, I'd have taken Mac up on the deal, and I'm what I like to refer to as a "flaming heterosexual." I mean, sex is OK, but "consummate nerdishness," well, that's really a whole nother trip altogether!

Mac said...

"Anonymous" misinterpreted that post about as drastically as possible. I probably won't even be in the room more than a few hours.

It's a convention, for crying out loud. I'll be too busy buying used SF books to have time for trysts with strangers*, thank you...

Mac said...

*Unless, of course, you happen to be Natalie Portman.

Anonymous said...

Mac, just for the record - you are very tryst worthy! So there!

(of course, I am NOT Natalie Portman - so takes me outta da runnin)

STILL NICE SHOES! haha