Monday, September 17, 2007

In other planets, what would our homes look like?

With an innovative vision has Nader Khalili revolutionized 21st Century space architecture. Near the Mojave desert in California lies a prototype of a lunar colony created from dust and water and shaped by fire and wind.

Not only are these Superadobe and Ceramic Houses beautiful to the eye, but they've also proven to be earthquake-and water-resistant, cool in the summer, warm in the winter and perhaps some of the most environmentally friendly buildings both on Earth and "abroad".

(Via The Anomalist.)


Let's see: other planets, far-out architecture and environmental sustainability . . . this one comes close to achieving the Posthuman Blues trifecta.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why must they look like giant adobe breasts, complete with nipples on top?

I prefer my non-terrestrial bases to be a bit more high tech - less sandbag couture, more LV-426. I'm not sellin my in Weyland-Yutani stock anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

Crap. I always seem to include spelling and grammer errors due to excessive typing speed and poor proofreading. (see above)

I swear English is my first language!

Mac said...

Why must they look like giant adobe breasts, complete with nipples on top?

I thought that was part of the appeal! :-)

Anonymous said...

I want my house to appear to be at least the equivalent of 44DD. I would then refer obliquely to it as "Stackhaus."

Yowza! 8^)