Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Korean War hero branded a terrorist by draft-dodging Shrub

Professor Walter F. Murphy, a Korean war hero and McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence (emeritus) at Princeton, was delayed while flying because he's on a "terrorist watch list." The check-in clerk told him that he was probably added because he gave a speech that was critical of the president (who dodged his military service).


I post this at the risk of starting some degenerate comment thread rationalizing the W administration's absurd "anti-terror" strategies. Fine.

And while I'm feeling blasphemously unpatriotic, don't miss Thirty-Six Sure-Fire Signs That Your Empire Is Crumbling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Christo in a twisto...now I wish I hadn't sent those email comments to the Prez and VP asking them what it was like being evil, and the worst administration in US history. I did receive back, however, a nice, bland, information-less, computer-generated reply. Maybe I'll escape the all seeing evil eye of the Total Information Awareness groups, and their derivative minions....NAH!

I could give a damn about those plankton brains. Fuck 'em if they can't take the joking truth.