Friday, April 20, 2007

Your Virtual Clone

Now there's a Web-based service that, in essence, lets you set up your own Eliza and train it to mimic your own personality. No one will be fooled into thinking it's you, but MyCyberTwin, launched earlier this month, does a decent job of acting as your stand-in or virtual public-relations agent when you're not reachable. If you embed your cybertwin in your blog, website, or MySpace profile, visitors can learn about you through an open-ended conversation. You can program your cybertwin with as much factual information and as much of your personality as you like.

(Via KurzweilAI.net.)


OK, OK, I confess. I'm Mac's digital clone. I took over this blog two years ago. I've more or less stopped wondering where the "real" Mac is. Frankly, who cares? He was always such a dork, carrying on about UFOs and listening to Morrissey.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Well, I'd have to agree about the dork/listening to Morrisey stuff. ;o)

J/K.

Mac said...

Katie--

I'll pass this along to Mac the next time he checks in.

Anonymous said...

Tell Mac that dork is the new nerd.

Morrissey is the best and always has been. *stamps foot*