Thursday, July 26, 2007

The End of Everything





It can be said that humans have a bit of a short term view of things. We're concerned about the end of summer, the next school year, and maybe even retirement. But these are just a blink of an eye in cosmic terms. Let's really think big, stare forward in time, and think about what the future holds for the Universe. Look forward millions, trillions, and even 10100 years into the future. Let's consider the end of everything.


Now we're talking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never considered it that way, thx.

Anonymous said...

My brain hurts and I don't like it.

Whenever faced with these really huge thought exercises I find myself thinking; "Why concern myself with that on top of just trying to survive on this rock?".

Reality is subjective and at least from our perception of consciousness it is also relative. The universe may one day cease to exist but all that I can really do about it is figure out how to put food on the table in my little slice of existence.

I love thinking big thoughts but I hate myself for liking it with equal passion.

Denny

Anonymous said...

"...Let's consider the end of everything."

Mac: "Now we're talking!"

Heh! Yeah, that's right, let's get it over with!...I look forward to the inevitable heat death of the universe in, oh, about 80 billion years from now!

Or maybe I'm just in a nihilistic mood today. Probably have a different opinion 80 billion years from now, give or take a billion. Ask me then. 8^}