Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Make of this what you will.

A Most Complex Encounter (Whitley Strieber)

Then I was in bed again, and aware that I was asleep, and not only that but I was dreaming about the lives of five different Whitley Striebers unfolding in five parallel universes at the same time, one of which was the one I was in.

While this was happening, the five of them were distinct, and I was inside five different selves at once. There was no confusion, and I wasn't on the outside looking in. I was in these lives, living them, all at the same time. I wasn't in the least confused by this. It seemed extraordinary, of course, but also perfectly possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There I was, in bed again, dreaming about the latest ridiculous comments by Whitley Strieber about dreaming about the lives of five different Whitley Striebers unfolding in five parallel universes at the same time, one of which was the one we shared.

In my dream, I turned to one of the five Whitley Strieber's whose lives were unfolding, and said, "Have you no shame? _Five_ of you? Why not four or sixteen? Can you get any more ridiculous, and keep shoveling out the horse shit to your dwindling reader base? Have you no honesty or integrity left?" Whitley just stared at me, and then turned away, mumbling something about how "it all pays the bills..." It was then that I realized, within my dream, that the terms honesty and integrity were just words, and had nothing to do with Whitley Strieber.

Mac said...

A doozy, huh?