Sunday, November 25, 2007

Retro-Future: To The Stars!

This is the start of a new series, collection of the most inspiring & hard-to-find retro-futuristic graphics. We will try to stay away from the well-known American pulp & book cover illustrations and instead will focus on the artwork from rather unlikely sources: Soviet & Eastern Bloc "popular tech & science" magazines, German, Italian, British fantastic illustrations and promotional literature - all from the Golden Age of Retro-Future (from 1930s to 1970s).


A must!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice compilation.

e said...

I've been piloting every one of those ships, living in every one of those stations, dreaming the dreams of futures that were not to be; since I was 8 years old...I think I even had some pretty torrid love affairs out beyond the reaches of Earth's gravity...
Thank you for these, Mac...

Anonymous said...

I second that elan.

The stillborn future.

*sigh*