Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Man with what appeared to be a bloody chain saw let into U.S.

"On April 25, Gregory Despres arrived at the U.S.-Canadian border crossing at Calais, Maine, carrying a homemade sword, a hatchet, a knife, brass knuckles and a chain saw stained with what appeared to be blood. U.S. customs agents confiscated the weapons and fingerprinted Despres.

"Then they let him into the United States."

Well, wouldn't you? Take a look at this fine, upstanding young fellow -- the very picture of innocence!

Seriously -- how is it that the same country that detains travelers in airports for carrying weighted bookmarks in their luggage lets dudes like this slide? We're obviously paranoid, but in a curiously patchy, inconsistent way.

4 comments:

razorsmile said...

Forgive my profanity but ... Jeezus Fucking CHRIST!!

*calms down*

It's all clear to me now. You see, lance the boil of government and what comes out? People, man, stupid people.

Idiots in fact.

Mac said...

Forget the weapons -- just look at the guy's face! :-O

TheUltimateCyn said...

OMG! This is so damn funny! At least now I know the whereabouts of my missing gynocologist... LMAOROTF

[and yes, I guess exposure to me could have run him insane, I have seen it happen before]

Mac said...

I *love* the 'do.